Since you’ll be entrusting the pilot with your safety, it’s important to go with the right paragliding company. If you use our services to go paragliding in Medellín, we’ll be choosing for you – but you can still feel confident in whoever is taking you up in the air. We work with some of Medellín’s most trusted paragliding pilots to ensure the best possible experience for each ride. How can we be so sure? Because we use the following criteria to find the top choices in the area.
- We confirm that the pilots are experienced
This is one of the most important factors for consistently safe paragliding. According to statistics, 90% of injuries occur during a pilot’s first ten flights. The more experienced a pilot is, the less likely they are to make a mistake. We only work with certified paragliders with multiple years of experience, not only in paragliding but also in tandem paragliding (flying with a passenger).
We also look at the company’s track record to make sure they haven’t been previously involved in accidents. These are rare, to begin with, but with the top paragliding companies in Medellín, they’re pretty much nonexistent.
- We look at customer reviews
Every paragliding company will claim to be both safe and fun, and online reviews will typically confirm whether or not these claims hold up. Before teaming up with a paragliding company, we do plenty of research into what their customers have to say. Did they have a great time, or did they notice any red flags? Did they feel strongly enough about the service to mention their pilot’s name, or are the reviews a bit lackluster? By combing through online reviews, it’s possible to get the other side of the story. When we find a company whose online reviews match their promises, that’s when we know we’re on the right track.
- We ask about their policies on equipment maintenance
Using high-quality equipment is key for staying safe while paragliding. This requires a paragliding company to not only buy good equipment, but also to maintain it well. From the canopy to the helmets, everything should be regularly inspected and replaced when needed.
Tips for enjoying your paragliding experience
Most of Medellín tours focus on walking, sightseeing, and maybe a bit of shopping. Paragliding in Medellín is a bit different, though; instead of strolling through colorful streets, you’ll be flying through the air! Even though you don’t need any special skills to fully enjoy this activity, some preparation is advised. Here are our recommendations:
- Wear close-toed shoes that are suited for physical activity, and make sure they’re secure. You don’t want your shoes to fall off mid-flight!
- Wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt, and consider bringing a light jacket. You’ll be in the mountains near Medellín, where the air is several degrees cooler compared to the city. Factor in windchill during the paragliding excursion, and you’ll be glad you dressed for cooler weather.
- Bring sunscreen – even though the air will be cool, the sun will probably still be shining.
- Be prepared to listen to everything the pilot has to say. Paragliding is only as safe as the pilot makes it, and these pilots go above and beyond to make it as safe as possible.
With these tips and one of the best paragliding pilots in Medellín, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience!